Missing Lester Young~~

I am a sort of Jazz fan. So to speak, I am interested in traditional Jazz played earlier than 'Bitches Brew' of Miles David. My favorate is Lester young who was called as 'Prez'(derives from president of Jazz) in 1930s through 1950s. Days ago, I stopped by a CD shop to buy one of his masterpieces. However, He seemed to be so old-fashioned that his booth disapeared. People don't know how beautiful classical Jazz is! His blowing is romantic and elegant so as to captivate us. I compared his playing with Coleman Hawkins who was the most popular saxophonist in 1930s, at the same time, remained the legend even now. Lester young's tone is relaxed, cool and quitely soft while Coleman hawkins is full of being masculine and powerful in his atmosphere. On listening Young's playing, I was fascinated with his music. His album changed my fixed idea over timber of tenor saxophone. It sounded a poem or an ode. I could imagine that I was under the sunny side when I listened to 'On the sunny side of the street'. When I fell in love, I would follow 'Love me or Leave me' or 'Prisoner of love'. Even these days, I appreciate 'Just you, Just me' or 'I've found a new baby' because I came to find 'a new baby'. Romanticism had gone, leaving Utilitarianism. I'm still hanging around 'an old spanish town'. But 'sometimes, I'm happy'.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jeff Koons and Ciciolina as Kitsch artists

This is my Google blog.