Is Wiki-type documentation always useful

I have been used wiki for my idea documentation. It is powerful and convenient to write a thought because it offers an highly easy hyper-linking function among the related items.

After I have been using it, I eventually realize there are not only advantages but also disadvantages because of its convenience. In particular, it have been bad to improve my long text writing capability, especially writing not in the wiki supported systems or cases.

Since Wiki is a new documentation system, there are still many other type documentation systems including technical and research paper publishing systems. It can be explained without considering convenient hyper linking functions. It is usually divided to several parts, which includes introduction, main, conclusion. In the wiki based system, the introduction and the conclusion parts are described shortly since readers are coming to new wiki article from the previous article, where the sufficient information is provided. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing Lester Young~~

Jeff Koons and Ciciolina as Kitsch artists

This is my Google blog.